Sustainable, profitable tree farm businesses support rural communities and promote conservation and restoration of natural forest resources. We use practices that promote sustainable wood production to meet the demands of the lumber, veneer, chips and renewable energy feedstock markets. Along with our investors, we know that profitability and stewardship go hand-in-hand. To fulfill this commitment, we:
- Manage tree farms to comply or exceed local environmental laws and regulations, and seek certification under globally recognized, third-party forestry management standards (Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC), Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification® (PEFC),Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI)), etc.)
- Establish and maintain a resource management system that provides the framework for planning, implementing, evaluating, and improving the effectiveness of our stewardship activities.
- Minimize our impact on natural resources by practicing water and energy conservation and minimizing chemical use.
- Maximize the wildlife benefits by enhancing habitat, managing for beneficial species and protecting rare species.
- Comply with applicable national, regional, and local regulations.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment where employees and contractors are treated respectfully and have the ability to grow and excel.
- Interact with the communities in which we do business by providing avenues for communities to learn about our operations and provide feedback. Click here to watch a group of school children in Brazil learn about trees and the environment at Douradinho Farm.
Brasilwood Reflorestamento is FSC® certified (FSC-C122762). For more information: http://info.fsc.org/certificate.php
For Taurion and Monte Fresnos Stakeholder information, please email [email protected]
Forestal Monterrey Colombia is FSC® certified (FSC-C008896 & FSC-C110351). For more information: http://info.fsc.org/certificate.php
Topola Lasy and Eko Topola are PEFC® certified (PL PEFC-17_0519 and PL PEFC-17_0518 respectively). For more information please visit: https://www.pefc.org/find-certified/certified-certificates
For Topola Lasy and Eko Topola Stakeholder Information, please email [email protected]
Polish Translation/Polska wersja językowa